Sunday, February 21, 2010

Mediterranean

February 2, 2010
Test lunch #3

Menu:
Pita bread with hummus
Tabouli
Carrot and celery sticks and cucumber
Strawberries and kiwis
Almond shortbread cookie

Recipes, notes and feedback:

Pita bread and hummus: Both from Trader Joe's.
I've tried and I can't make it better than them but I would like to work on homemade hummus again.

Tabouli: Recipe from Katzen's Moosewood Cookbook
I added cubed feta and bell pepper and left out tomato since it's out of season. The feta was good! Kristin put the tabouli into her pita

Carrot and celery sticks and cucumber: boring but good with the hummus. Cucumber was good in pita bread with hummus.

Strawberries and kiwis from the Farmer's Market.

Almond shortbread cookie: This recipe. I rolled the sides in extra ground almonds and chilled in the freezer.

Comments:
Kristin and I both really enjoyed it. I asked her when we were walking back what she thought and she 100% enjoyed it as did I. To be honest when we were walking over, we were both kind of unsure of what to expect regarding the meditterain theme.

I am a fan of the theme lunch idea. I really enjoyed the lunch too because it was not something I would normally make or eat, so it was different.

Other accomplishments:
Themed menus are a good idea!

Goals for next week:
Make cloth napkins to include
Layout menu attachment for binder clip

No comments:

Post a Comment