Sunday, April 25, 2010

A tribute to George Washington Carver

April 20, 2010
Test lunch #12
Tasters: Lisa and Kristin

Menu:
Peanut noodles
Strawberries
Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies

Recipes, notes and feedback:

Peanut Noodles: A modified version of this recipe. I added some red bell pepper, left out the sesame seeds and made extra sauce. I also shredded the chicken and mixed it in. Sometimes I add carrots but not this time. The salad pretty much covered everything I try to put in a lunch (vegetable, protein (chicken in this case), whole grain carb (whole wheat spaghetti) so it was hard to know what to pair with it to make a complete lunch. I gave each taster a full tupperware (perhaps 3 cups volume?) and it was far too much. Kristin and Lisa both ate only half and had the remainder for lunch the next day.

Strawberries

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies: Recipe from Ina Garten/Barefoot Contessa. I made these smaller than called for and managed to underbake them. Bummer but everyone still ate them.

Lessons Learned:
I need to plan the whole menu rather than just making items that sound good (again!)--it wasn't good to have two peanut dishes.
I am wondering about making single items rather than complete meals. In the case of this salad, it was a complete meal.

Goals for next week:
Remember to take photos (again!)

No comments:

Post a Comment